In January 2016 Professor Wykes was awarded a damehood for services to Clinical Psychology.
Feburary 2017 Professor Wykes received a Doctor of Science from the University of Sussex
November 2017 Professor Wykes received an Honorary Degree from York St John University
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD
March 2017 Professor Wykes & Hussain Manawer were awarded the Guinness World Record for the Largest Mental Health Lesson.
BPS Award for Promoting Equality of Opportunity
Professor Wykes was awarded the British Psychological Society’s (BPS) 2014 Award for Promoting Equality of Opportunity for her part in championing the active role of mental health service users in research.
King's College London: Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience - Parade of Stars
When Professor Wykes was the Vice Dean for Research, she brought together IoPPN academic stars to share their groundbreaking work with each other. This began an annual event celebrated each year. The video introduces you to the IoPPN's 'Parade of Stars' and please follow this link to audio recordings of the event where you can listen to our academics stars in action.
- Article: Mental health research is 'incredibly underfunded'
- Article: Mental health: are we all sick now?
- Article: Schizophrenia term use 'invalid'
- Radio 4: All in the Mind - Mental Illness: The Remote Psychiatrist
- Radio 4: How do we define 'normal'?
- Radio 4: 'Way behind' understanding the brain
- Radio 4: Government targets depression
- Daily Mail: New mental health 'bible' will lead to almost everyone having a disorder, warn experts
- Guardian: Kids' films stigmatise mentally ill
- Guardian: Psychologists fear US manual will widen mental illness diagnosis
- Interview with The Psychiatrist
- Video: Improving thinking skills in schizophrenia - cognitive remediation